We are delighted to announce the forthcoming series, Reinventing Teacher Education.
The Reinventing Teacher Education series will present robust, critical research studies in the broad field of teacher education, including initial or pre-service preparation, in-service and continuing professional development, from diverse theoretical and methodological perspectives. The series will take an innovative approach to research in the field and has an underlying commitment to transforming the education of teachers.
Books in the series will address the following key areas:
- Teacher learning and development;
- The idea of the ‘good’ teacher and teaching as a profession or craft;
- Teacher education programme design, pedagogy and content, including the relationships and division of labour between schools and universities;
- Teacher education policy in local, national and global contexts, including ‘travelling ideas’;
- Reform in teacher education – the meaning of reform as a concept in the field and its connection to broader political issues;
- Histories of teacher education and of teaching;
- Teacher education as a form of global higher education.
Series editors: Marie Brennan, Victoria University, Australia, Viv Ellis, Brunel University, UK, Meg Maguire, King’s College London, UK, and Peter Smagorinsky, University of Georgia, USA
Editorial Board: Beatrice Avalos, University of Chile, Chile, Ann Childs, University of Oxford, UK, Lauren Gatti, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, USA, Mary Hill, University of Auckland, New Zealand, Elizabeth Kahn, Northern Illinois University, USA, Clare Kosnik, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto, Canada, Adam Lefstein, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel, Joce Nuttall, Australian Catholic University, Australia, Janet Orchard, Bristol University, Bristol, UK, Anne Phelan, University of British Columbia, Canada, Anja Swennen, VU University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Tom Are Trippestad, Bergen University College, Norway, and Yang Xiaowei, East China Normal University, PRC.
A series summary, proposal guidelines and contact information can be found on the series blog page.